Pages

Saturday 8 July 2017

About My Flag - Winter Learning Journey: Huriata
















About My Flag.

The basic background represents the maori culture (White, black and red are common for maori colours) It's also is like the Maori flag - which was the concept I was going for. The native people of New Zealand is the Maori so I wanted something more along those lines. The fern forming a circle represents the 'whole' of our country and the bond we've made with those within it. Also to me this reminds me of aroha (love) and Whanau.
I am really happy about how this turned out in the end!

2 comments:

  1. I think that's a very bold and eye catching design that would look good flying on any flag pole!! The thought behind it makes it even better. Keep up the great work, Huriata.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Huriata!

    I love the simplicity in your design, it totally reflects the ideas you want to portray! I love the idea of the fern forming a cycle representing our 'whole' country and the bond of our people, that's so special!

    Keep up the great work Huriata!

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete