Pages

Saturday 27 May 2017

My Favorite Cultural Food - Personal - Huriata



FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOR EVER!! I just started this today. It was a task that was supposed to be done on Friday, when Miss Aireen was our teacher for the afternoon. This is actually a group task but nobody knew what food to do it on - and seeing as nobody liked Mussel and Oyster chowder, I decided to just do my own. I started this task because I was bored, and this required me to talk about my favourite cultural dish. Not so hard. The reason I like this is because when ever we went to some sort of Maori occasion, I only ate mussel or oyster chowder. You see, when I was young I wasn't fond of "boil up" or "hangi" so I spent my time sitting on the steps with a mouthful of fry bread that had been dipped in the chowder inside my little plastic cup. It brings back so many memories, sad and happy.


1 comment:

  1. Yuuuummm. One of my favourites too. Maybe this could be our class dish for the night market? Now to convince the others! Sea food is a great option for protein, but you're right... We'd have to think of reducing the fat content.. But then... Would it be the same? Haha..

    ReplyDelete