Pages

Wednesday 18 October 2017

Reflection: Mu Torere - Inquiry

Today we learnt how to play an indigenous game of New Zealand called 'Mu Torere'
It is a brain game allowing players to strategise and use their knowledge/ logic to outsmart their opponent. 
The set up looks a bit like this -
Image result for mu torere  1: You will need 8 counters, blocks or rocks (As long as you can tell them apart) 4 are yours and 4 are your opponents.
2: You will need a template.
Rules; Cannot jump over players, cannot layer blocks.
The way you play is to block your opponent from moving on 'THEIR' turn. For example:


The orange cannot move if it is 'Their' turn, as it cannot jump over or move past their opponent, meaning blue wins.

I had really fun playing this with my group, Paris, Ricky and Me. Paris was really good at the game (I'm a bit jealous) Paris won over and over again, and I won like, 1. I was really slow with coming up with strategies but it was fun nonetheless. They were quick games between our group, paris getting used to the game quicker than me and ricky - I thought I had it but, no. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the game, Huriata! Keep practicing! I bet you'll get better in no time :)

    ReplyDelete