Pages

Tuesday 7 March 2017

Tense - Key vocabulary: Maori tense/ sentence structure


 WALT - say simple action sentences in present, past and future tenses.

Key vocabulary:  Kei te, I, kua and ka...
Grammatical focus:  purpose of verbs and tenses

Kei te 
- present tense
I / Kua - past tense
Ka - future tense



Present
Kei te aha ahau? = What are you doing?
Kei te korero ahau = I am talking

Past (A while ago)
I aha ahau? = What did you do before?
I korero ahau = I talked a while ago

Past (Just/ recently)
Kua aha ahua? = What did you just do?
Kua Korero ahau = I just talked

Future
Ka aha ahau? = What will you do?
Ka korero ahau = I will talk

3 comments:

  1. Kalo!
    I read your blog post and I think your work is very organised and and tidy. A question that I wanted to ask you was how long did it take you to learn all of this info.=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm trying to use a bit of te reo Māori in my day to day conversation. So thank you.

    ReplyDelete